T.O. and Ochocinco

7/28/2010 2:40:50 PM
GO2006
7/28/2010 2:40:50 PM Report Abuse

"You don't realize how big this is for our team, the city, football. Our offense is going to be unfair. How can you stop us? There are going to be some games  Cedric Benson is going to be able to play without his cleats. I don't think there has ever been a tandem like this."  -  Chad Ochocinco

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
baseball18
7/28/2010 3:02:51 PM Report Abuse
@GO2006

this is big for the bengals... i know everyone is going to hate on T.O. but the bengals offense is looking pretty scary. they bring back a very good running game from last season and presumably add a healthy andre smith at RT. their weapons on the outside last year consisted of ochocinco and andre caldwell--now you got ocho, t.o., antonio bryant if he gets his knee to where it needs to be, caldwell, jordan shipley, and jermaine gresham. carson palmer must be licking his chops.

dont forget how far the bengals got without any of those weapons last year. the defense is going to be good again, especially with antwan odom coming back and a very strong secondary.

MikeSellers45
7/28/2010 4:02:22 PM Report Abuse
@baseball18

baseball18 you took the words outta my mouth.  this team could be nasty.

WLS
7/28/2010 6:51:25 PM Report Abuse
@MikeSellers45

Is the Bengals offense looking like the Miami Heat?  Star studded, and hard to stop!

Mamba
7/28/2010 7:48:58 PM Report Abuse
@WLS

The media is on TO so much that its hard to figure out how much game he has left. On the other, if Palmer wants him after working out with him I figure this is good. Palmer knows a thing or two about good WRs. So this must be good for the Bengals.

Terps56
7/28/2010 8:37:33 PM Report Abuse
@GO2006

Scary on the field and funny as hell in the locker room with those two yapping!

dmbc2512
7/28/2010 8:59:11 PM Report Abuse
@Terps56

Never been a tandem like this? Seriously? Let's check recent memory.

Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce

Chris Carter and Randy Moss

Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne

Randy Moss and Wes Welker

Those are just off the top of my head. All of those were/are more productive that the two-headed media beast of T.Ochocinco

rlj90
7/28/2010 9:24:03 PM Report Abuse
@dmbc2512

This is an interesting move considering the Bengals go about 8 deep with solid receivers. I guess Antonio Bryant hasn't been getting it done, but they have some potentially solid guys with Andre Caldwell and Matt Jones (if he could play like he did at the beginning of his career). They also drafted two excellent college receivers this year in Briscoe and Shipley. T.O is probably an upgrade over any of them but just a little puzzling. 

baseball18
7/28/2010 9:51:16 PM Report Abuse
@rlj90

yes, they were definitely concerned about antonio bryant's knee. and those rookies are definitely promising but they're rookies. a lot of peple thought the bengals could have really gone deep last year but for their passing game. you can see they are all-in this year. the person who may end up being the x-factor on offense is jermaine gresham if he's back to full strength which he should be.

UnitedSkins
7/29/2010 9:53:06 AM Report Abuse
@baseball18

10 bucks says that TO and Ochocinco absolutely hate each other by the end of this year.

knights12
7/29/2010 10:28:11 AM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

This move looks good on paper, but I don't think it is going to work out for the Bengals. This is now T.O's 5th team-49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills- and the previous 4 all ended badly. Ok, Buffalo didnt end as bad as the other 3 did, but he only played for them last year and his 800 yards were not much of a success. I dont see why this situation is any better, in fact, its probably worse. With his past teams, T.O always had the biggest ego on the team, and when he would lash out, there were veterans there that didn't really lash back at him. Now, hes going to be playing with an extremely similar character in Chad and another problem WR in Antonio Bryant. Once the Bengals lose a couple games in a row and T.O isn't getting the ball enough, there will be problems. Both Chad and T.O have to be "the guy" and once one of them starts getting more TD's and receptions then the other, all hell will break lose. T.O says the same stuff before joining a new team about how its going to be different and how hes going to prove people wrong, but it always ends poorly. It wont be any different this time. 

Mamba
7/29/2010 12:48:30 PM Report Abuse
@knights12

I don't buy the line that things always end badly with TO. First, his production on the field puts him in the HOF consideration category. Second, his production with the Bills, far from a talented offensive team, was respectable even if below his career averages. Third, and this is most important, he recognizes that his past has caught up to him. He realized it last year and did not complain when he didn't get the ball. And he certainly recognized it this summer when he publicly stated he was being black balled. TO used to get away with murder when his talent was too great to be ignored in the NFL. Today, opening his mouth is more like committing suicide. The guy's too smart for that. With Chad getting doubled and Parson having lobbied to get him in, I expect him to have strong season with plenty of funny stuff as Chad's side kick.

knights12
7/29/2010 1:30:27 PM Report Abuse
@Mamba

"I don't buy the line that things always end badly with TO"

Are you serious? His stints with San Fran, Philly and Dallas all ended badly. Yes, Buffalo didn't end with controversy, but they didn't want him back. If he had been that great of an asset to them, they would have resigned him. Things obviously didn't work out there.

Mamba
7/29/2010 6:17:28 PM Report Abuse
@knights12

TO is not a dumb guy and he's already in transition out of football. He has a reality TV show in its second season. The success of that depends on the visibility he generates being in the League. But ultimately he wants to be in the entertainment business. All he needs is another couple seasons to make that work. Build his entertainment brand and refine his skills in front of the camera so he can move comfortably into his next career. A solid season with a playoff team is more in his best interest than arguing with QBs because he didn't get the ball. This guy is not going to be a problem. In fact, I think it more likely that he launches a second entertainment project than it is that he has a problem in the locker room. Time will tell.

baseball18
7/30/2010 1:23:50 AM Report Abuse
@Mamba

personally i think its obvious has been humbled since getting released in dallas, and that shows by his taking $4 mil less than he made last year. that makes me think he understands where he is in his career. i think the fact that chad ochocinco is such good friends with him and carson palmer has proven he can at least handle one gigantic personality will make it an easier transition than people think. i might be a bigger carson palmer than some people but im convinced that the bengals are going to really score a lot of points this year.

New Comment

You must login to report abuse. Close