LeBron's announcement tomorrow

7/7/2010 8:50:12 AM
pbuckley
7/7/2010 8:50:12 AM Report Abuse

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/06/AR2010070602921.html

I have not been one to bash James on tis site, but I knwo plenty who do.  I actually rooted for him to the extent of I wanted CLeveland win something finally, since the city and its fans have gone so long without a title.  But he is really wearing on me, and this latest bit of an hour-long show to announce something which should take all of 5 minutes strikes me as total ego gratification.  I don't think he will ever have the maturity of a Kobe, Garnett or some of the others who came straight from high school, and if he never wins a title I would not mind that one bit.  His hurbis is out of control.

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
Landon16
7/7/2010 8:56:01 AM Report Abuse
@pbuckley

Landon16 likes this ^

melonhead
7/7/2010 9:08:42 AM Report Abuse
@Landon16

melonhead hates this guy^

Landon16
7/7/2010 9:11:51 AM Report Abuse
@melonhead

Jealousy is a female trait melon

KingFelix34
7/7/2010 9:56:37 AM Report Abuse
@Landon16

I agree with pbuck.  This is ridiculous.  What's going to happen for the first 55 minutes of the show?  Just a bunch of overly dramatic LeBron James NBA moments?  Seems like a waste of time, but people will feel compelled to watch this crap to find out where he goes.  I might just wait to see it on ESPN.com. I don't want to feed into BS like this.

da_tree03
7/7/2010 10:03:25 AM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

i will just catch the announcement on Sportscenter when its over. This guy has so much potential but he always ruins it by the things he says and does off the court. Announcing to the world that he wants to be the first billionaire athlete (which is a fine aspiration, but is it really needed to be said and is going to rub people the wrong way especially in this recession), and now this whole spectacle. All i know is if he leaves Cleveland, i hope he plans on selling his house in Akron cause I dont think the fans will want him to still reside there any longer.

KROB36
7/7/2010 10:32:27 AM Report Abuse
@da_tree03

tiger already hit a billion

MikeSellers45
7/7/2010 11:48:03 AM Report Abuse
@KROB36

LeBron is hostin his own American Idol - 55 minutes of filler, constantly teasing the end with "When we come back, my big decision.  Stay tuned."

I don't give a eff about where LeBron ends up anymore, talking about it since October is just dumb, I hate him, I think most of the world outside of New York, Cleveland, and Chicago hates him, and I want this done with.

Bjayssle011
7/7/2010 11:59:47 AM Report Abuse
@MikeSellers45

This is all a publicity stunt Lebron will be staying in Cleveland he is trying to raise money for Boys & Girls Club of America. If any suprises LeBron my prediction would be he is headed to the Chicago Bulls or the New York Knicks which doubt does anyone know the salary cap for the Knicks since they have aquired Amrae Stoudamire. Also is David Lee staying or leaving the Knicks.

dcsportfan10
7/7/2010 12:19:22 PM Report Abuse
@Bjayssle011

^^ Thank you, all of the proceeds from advertising, or atleast the majority of it, will be going to the boys and girls club. On top of that, i dont think Lebron called espn and was like "oh yea lets do an hour long special on my decision", no espn probably called him and offered.

dcsportfan10
7/7/2010 12:19:53 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

The media is blowing this up, not Lebron, so dont be mad at him.

MIlitaryRD
7/7/2010 1:04:14 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

The Media is blowing it up? That's a Crock. Lebron James is the biggest Camera, Ball, Glory, etc. Hog in Sports today. He hasn't won ANYTHING yet. Nothing more than a couple of worthless MVPS and i call them worthless becasue getting bounced outta the playoffs in the Eastern Conference after you win a MVP makes it worthless.

I sincerely hope he breaks both legs tomorrow stepping onto the stage to annouce his decision. Retarded.

MarkGC
7/7/2010 1:10:20 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

This is why LeBron needs some adults in his inner circle.  Someone needs to say that you know this isn't a very good idea.  Can anyone picture Michael Jordan, even with his large ego,  agreeing to go along with such a spectacle?  No way. 

kidkrazy
7/7/2010 1:28:06 PM Report Abuse
@MarkGC

I could, Jordan is a tool!

Lebron could use a lesson or two from Kevin Durant!

KingFelix34
7/7/2010 1:28:55 PM Report Abuse
@MarkGC

The Charity thing is simply trying to make it look like they are doing it for a noble cause.  LeBron hop ons will never stop defending him.  This is clearly an ego thing.  He wants his announcement to be a big deal and quite frankly, it isn't.  Wherever he goes, he wont win a title, even in Miami.  Think about it.  If he stays in Cleveland, we've seen the problem there.  If he goes to the Knicks, he has no point guard or legitimate center (Amare is a one dimensional power forward, not a center).  The Nets don't have much of a supporting cast for LeBron, and the Chicago idea is overrated because Noah is a horrifically overrated center.  If he does the insane and stupid thing and goes to the Heat, he still won't win.  Compare them to the Lakers.  Kobe>Wade.  Gasol>Bosh.  Fisher/Blake>Whoever plays PG for the heat.  Artest>Beasley.  The Lakers have a better bench with Odom, Raja Bell, Steve Blake, and Shannon Brown while the Heat have a bunch of scrubs.  I still think the Lakers would overmatch the big three should they go to Miami with the new addition of Bell and Blake, who can both drain big threes, which is the only thing that was missing from the Lakers last season.  It's going to be another Lakers win next year, with Phil Jackson going out on top.

kidkrazy
7/7/2010 1:46:23 PM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

^

Ill agree with you on the charity thing its just a plo to make it sound noble, even if you look on the website the reason is clear why they are doing it.  The first line makes it clear "Due to the unprecedented attention and interest surrounding LeBron's decision, we have decided to make this announcement on national television.." The next part was regarding the B&G club, which is a second thought

Bjayssle011
7/7/2010 1:52:34 PM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

Nets- can build around LeBron James and as you watched the playoffs Avery Johnson former Dallas Maverick coach was sitting sideline with the new owner *potential coach*
DEVIN HARRIS, YI, LeBRon and they can build medium players around him

Knicks- the Knicks also have Eddie House Tracy Mcgrady *potential Lebron* and Amare  also potential David Lee staying thats not a bad lineup and Lebron is  a young player so the hype in New york is just right for him Hopefully it dosent get to his head

Heat- Dwayne Wade Chris Bosh LEBron potential NBA canidates I would trade Jermaine Oneal Michael Beasly and Haslem and pick up small player aorund the NBA and the less underrated player on the Heat is Mario Chalmers who could make all 3 look good with wonderful court vision. * Also I would pick up big Z from the Cavs to partner up *

Cavialers- Delonte West Mo WIlliams  I mean it would pretty much be the same they will make the run in the playoffs but wont be successful as you have seen the last couple of years.

Prediction: LeBron will not win a ring in the next 4 years but its just a building process

Bjayssle011
7/7/2010 1:53:23 PM Report Abuse
@Bjayssle011

LeBron is also using the charity as a tax right off lls

Mamba
7/7/2010 2:11:44 PM Report Abuse
@Bjayssle011

C'mon! Basketball fans in Clev, NYC, LA, Chicago and Miami are going to be watching this. What media center of any worth did I miss? Oh yeah, DC. We're passing on this free agent class. I guess Grunfeld knew this was coming and, after gutting the team this year, didn't want to insult the fine fans of DC with unreasonable expectations of landing the King. LOL

I'll miss it live but record it just to see what they do for an hour.

dubleply463
7/7/2010 4:51:40 PM Report Abuse
@Mamba

I'd rather watch youtube videos of the John Wall dance for an hour.

HoyaMetanoia
7/7/2010 8:20:11 PM Report Abuse
@Bjayssle011

Nets- can build around LeBron James and as you watched the playoffs Avery Johnson former Dallas Maverick coach was sitting sideline with the new owner *potential coach*
DEVIN HARRIS, YI, LeBRon and they can build medium players around him

Yi currently plays for the Washington Wizards, just FYI.

4Loveofthegame
7/7/2010 8:57:12 PM Report Abuse
@HoyaMetanoia

Lebron is the best athlete in the world.  Who cares if he is doing this to call attention to himself, he is good enough to do that.  He is not an ass, he doesn't get in trouble off the court, but he knows he is good.  That is not arrogance, that is confidence.  He could be starting in the NFL if he felt like it.  I hope he signs with the Heat so he can win a bunch of titles. 

MIlitaryRD
7/7/2010 9:20:02 PM Report Abuse
@4Loveofthegame

He could be starting in the NFL if he felt like it.

No he couldn't

I hope he signs with the Heat so he can win a bunch of titles.

Vice Versus, I hope he does so when he doesn't make the conference finals next year the excuses can flow

MikeSellers45
7/7/2010 1:52:09 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

LeBron's dumbass camp can say the hour specail is for charity cuz he'll be richer than God in a few hours and he won't give a crap about anyone else anymore.

Mamba
7/7/2010 10:01:24 AM Report Abuse
@Landon16

I said on another thread that the only two major free agents to leave would be Stoudemire (because the Suns would not give him a max deal) and Bosh (because he wants out of Toronto). With the reports today that Bosh is going to Miami I think Wade stays put. And that leaves LBJ. I have just two questions: how long does it take to say I'm staying in Cleveland? Five minutes. How long does it take to say I'm leaving my beloved home state? One hour on prime time so the entire world understands the decision. Who knows what he does, but I'm not feeling too good if I'm a Cavs fan.

Terps56
7/7/2010 9:59:05 AM Report Abuse
@pbuckley

He's overrated and plays out of position.  The media made this mess years ago, trying to find the next Jordon and now to save face that are constaantly putting him on our TV.  Give me Kobe or Dewayne Wade any day over Lebanon James! I look at him and see another version of Shawn Kemp...

CocaCola
7/7/2010 5:10:49 PM Report Abuse
@Terps56

LB overrated?

Does anyone else agree that had LeBron played for the Lakers this past season, in place of Kobe, that the Lakers would have waltzed through the playoffs?  Six game series with Thunder and Suns, seven game series with Boston.  Physically I believe a LeBron led Lakers team would have overpowered all 3 of these teams in shorter series.

MIlitaryRD
7/7/2010 5:28:58 PM Report Abuse
@CocaCola

If he played for the lakers the last season? really? Waltzed?

I saw the Team the Lakers and Kobe Beat in the Finals Make Lebron Look like the little b***H he is and you have the audacity to say that? Come on fool.

CocaCola
7/7/2010 5:46:56 PM Report Abuse
@MIlitaryRD

EZ to name call but somehow if I were a GM, I think I might prefer Gasol, Fischer, Artest, Bynum and Odom to Shaq, Zydrunas, Jamison, Parker, Mo Williams and Delonte.  But I guess only a fool would feel that way.  My bad!

MIlitaryRD
7/7/2010 9:25:37 PM Report Abuse
@CocaCola

EZ to name call but somehow if I were a GM, I think I might prefer Gasol, Fischer, Artest, Bynum and Odom to Shaq, Zydrunas, Jamison, Parker, Mo Williams and Delonte.  But I guess only a fool would feel that way.  My bad!

Of course you would, they just won a title.

DBUNK
7/7/2010 9:37:05 PM Report Abuse
@MIlitaryRD

A joke !!  Win a few rings and maybe you can host a show but you have won ZIPPO!!

Mamba
7/7/2010 9:45:08 PM Report Abuse
@DBUNK

The Celtics stopped LBJ from getting to the hoop and the Cleveland offense shut down. Kobe proved he can score no matter what the defense does. Kobe is the better player. LBJ needs to grow his game and stop holding TV shows.

kidkrazy
7/7/2010 9:48:13 PM Report Abuse
@DBUNK

I rather know where Adam Morrison is going to sign...I mean he does have 2 ring's, two more than Lebron. No Matter the circumstances LOL

Littlehoya
7/7/2010 10:02:45 PM Report Abuse
@kidkrazy

Kobe proved he can score no matter what the defense does. 

nah kobe showed he can rebound and give the ball up to his better supporting cast

MIlitaryRD
7/7/2010 10:09:42 PM Report Abuse
@Littlehoya

Another point-

Lebitch is getting paid to do this ESPN thing. Don't think he's doing this hoopla for free. That makes him a bigger tool. Unless the espn check goes to charity the second it gets into his hand, hes even a worse human being than i think he is right now. ABout to get paid 30 million and year and the tool has to have his own decision show. What a Joke.

4Loveofthegame
7/7/2010 10:31:53 PM Report Abuse
@MIlitaryRD

Lebron could definitely start in the NFL if he felt like it.  That isnt some statement like a Usain Bolt who has never played football, he was an All-State performer in a legit high school state, Ohio.  He is 6'8, 260, probably runs a 4.5 with a 40 plus inch verticle.  He could start for the Browns.  If he is on the Heat with D Wayde, and Chris Bosh, please tell me a team that could beat them....you cant.  He led the Cavs to the best record in the NBA by himself.  Stop hating on him.  He is a beast. 

dcsportfan10
7/7/2010 11:41:55 PM Report Abuse
@4Loveofthegame

"Does anyone else agree that had LeBron played for the Lakers this past season, in place of Kobe, that the Lakers would have waltzed through the playoffs? Six game series with Thunder and Suns, seven game series with Boston. Physically I believe a LeBron led Lakers team would have overpowered all 3 of these teams in shorter series."

Exactly, Lebron in that lineup would easily be the most dominant in the league. 2-5= 6'8,6'8,7'0,7'0. All atleast potential allstars.

How can you not say the media is sicing it the most. They are the ones that either initiated the press conference or agreed to it.

UnitedSkins
7/7/2010 11:44:59 PM Report Abuse
@4Loveofthegame

You can't name a team that would beat them on paper, but rings aren't won on paper. Also, to say that he could play in the NFL based on what he did in high school is complete crap. The difference in the speed of the game between high school and college is staggering and the difference in the speed of the game between college and the pros is even moreso. He's got things that look great at the combine? Great. So did Darrius Heyward-Bey. You're also forgetting to mention the fact that he's been away from the game for 8 years.

Willcb923
7/8/2010 12:43:23 AM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

who cares if lebron can play in the nfl or not it doesnt matter. and also let lebron do his show it doesnt matter he looks like a jack ass and he will look back on it and know that. but maybe he will make his decision and win some rings, give the guy a break he is young and in fame, are you sure you wouldnt do the same thing?

Cadet04
7/8/2010 12:46:41 AM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

I hate anyone who supports LeBitch.  You're an asshole and you're from DC, not cleveland.  You're a front runner and a total jerk.  I hope you, like LeBitch, die.

dcsportfan10
7/8/2010 12:57:33 AM Report Abuse
@Cadet04

LMAO!! Wtf is wrong with you cadet, smh.

KingFelix34
7/8/2010 1:15:10 AM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

Let's see.  If LeBron was on the Lakers, he would play small forward, so Artest would be on the bench.  Who's going to lock down Paul Pierce for 40 minutes?  Don't kid yourself in saying that LeBron would do it.  LeBron is a good defender, but most of his glory as a defender comes off of chase down blocks.  He wouldn't stop Paul Pierce.  The Celtics would clog the lane and stay physical with LeBron, so he would shy away from driving and rely on his inconsistent jump shot.  The Lakers' bigs didn't exactly light it up against the Celtics either.  Pau Gasol disappeared during a couple games right in the middle of the series (Games 2-5).  And when things don't go well for LeBron, he wouldn't grab 15 boards and continue looking for ways to score and/or help his team.  He would just go the passive route and become a complete nonfactor.  See game 5 of the ECSF against Boston.  You know what I'm talking about.  Also, LeBron wouldn't have beaten the Suns.  Kobe got huge in that series and hit shots that LeBron could never dream of making, especially down the stretch of a close playoff game.  Can we stop acting like LeBron is worthy of being compared to Kobe?  Kobe has done far more in his career and has earned his place atop the NBA.  LeBron, at this point, is simply great stats and a bunch of hype.  Success > Hype.  Kobe has continued to win.  LeBron hasn't won anything yet.  End of story.

Cadet04
7/8/2010 1:26:51 AM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

KingFelix... you could have not written that well-written and well thought out paragraph and just say... "In real life, LeBron couldn't shut down Pierce in the conference semi-finals, so hypothetically he wouldn't do it in the finals as a part of the Lakers". 

But what you wrote was great too.  Just thought I'd simplify it for you, and I agree 100%.

eagles09
7/8/2010 2:09:27 AM Report Abuse
@Cadet04

Jesus Christ DCSportsFan, you are an embarrassment to anyone who calls themselves "basketball fans."  You all are just spouting crap out of your butt because you blindly hate LeBron.  Anyone that does not think LeBron is not the best specimen/player/athlete in the NBA needs to take their head out of the stain.  Anyone that thinks Kobe is a better rebounder than LBJ is delusional.  Anyone that doesn't think LBJ makes his teammates better than Kobe does is rewriting history in their own way.  When Kobe didn't have Pau Gasol down low, his teams were losing in the first round consistently, and that's even if they made the playoffs.  LeBron is a better passer, rebounder, and better at driving the lanes than Kobe.  Mo Williams sucks.  Anderson Varejo is trash.  Antwan Jamison was the leader of a 20 win Washington team.  Big Z - garbage.  LeBron, for all this hype about an improved supporting cast, was still playing with garbage players compared to a top 6 surrounding cast of Farmar/Fisher/Artest/Brown/Odom/Bynum/Gasol.  Gasol led a team of trash to the playoffs in a very tough Western Conference for several years.  Artest is one of, if not the best, lock-down defender in the NBA.  Bynum is a big man, as NBA scouts/coaches wholeheartedly agree, with tons of potential that can occasionally dominate NBA games.  

Anyways, before I read the crap you all post, what I came to say is that RealGM/Newsday reporting that LeBron will sign with the Miami Heat. 

pbuckley
7/8/2010 7:53:48 AM Report Abuse
@eagles09

And yet that supporting cast of garbage players managed to have the best record in the NBA for two straight seasons.  Please explain that one.

Falcons09
7/8/2010 9:13:30 AM Report Abuse
@eagles09

eagles09's shit doesnt stink

CocaCola
7/8/2010 1:50:43 PM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

FYI, if I were coaching the Lakers with LB instead of Kobe, LB would play the shooting guard, with the rest of the current Laker line-up intact. In my opinion Kobe had an extraordinary playoff series with one big shot after another, and broke my heart with his play against the Suns.  For that he deserves high praise.  However, I believe a Lakers team with LB in place of Kobe would be so physically overpowering that most games would not come down to important 4th quarter shots.

FYI, I am not a big LB fan, but you cannot deny his his size and athleticism..

Mamba
7/8/2010 2:22:27 PM Report Abuse
@CocaCola

desporto -

You're quibbling over his stat line and he's holding the trophy!

Get real, my man!!

bigolmeat
7/8/2010 2:58:08 PM Report Abuse
@Mamba

Durant> LBJ

LBJ+Bosh+Wade= 2012, 2013 Title

Kobes got one more.

apman39
7/8/2010 3:16:45 PM Report Abuse
@bigolmeat

If Lebron takes a max contract with the Heat they will never be able to win a title.  They simply won't have enough players to do it.  They couldn't afford the types of role players they need to win a championship.  Chicago is his best chance to win a ring, with Cleveland and the Knicks behind them.  That would be a very solid team with Rose, Boozer, Noah, Lebron, and Deng.

Kobe is and will always be better than the self hyped Lebron.  Lebron just made his own website, twitter, and now has a TV show just for his decision.  I thought basketball was about winning not this self branding.  I think Lebron is letting this off court stuff take over his game.  He should go where the rings are.   

MIlitaryRD
7/8/2010 3:25:38 PM Report Abuse
@apman39

Im glad finally someone posted on this APMAN.

Exactly how the hell do the heat win anything with Three guys? Allstars or not if you expect Lebitch, Wade, and bosh to play together, their bench will be full of nothings. Any team with half the depth of Boston this year or LA would tear them apart in a seven game series.

Congrats to The heat for the best regular season ever. only to follow it up with the most disappointing post season ever. D WADE DO NOT LET LEBRON RUIN YOUR HEAT.

sterlingjaguars38
7/8/2010 4:34:46 PM Report Abuse
@MIlitaryRD

military rd has just been waiting for a lebron forum so he can sit on here all day and spit bullshit. i mean you are only good if you have a ring right? making scalabrine one of the more dominant players in the NBA

kidkrazy
7/8/2010 5:20:03 PM Report Abuse
@sterlingjaguars38

After AP's post the thread should have been automatically locked, you just cant argue with that, end of story!

bigpimpin
7/8/2010 5:26:27 PM Report Abuse
@sterlingjaguars38

Man is said now a days when people have to hate on someone so hard, like many of u are doin to lebron. Most of u wanna sit here and bitch and cry bcuz he has an hour long special about his decision? well like someone said earlier he didnt go chasing down espn head guys beggin for this, they offered it 2 him bcuz of his stardome and then kno people will watch it. And also those of u who are bitchin about this, dou not realize that jus about all the profits from this are goin to the boysd and girls club of america??? but yea theres a real asshole for you, a guy that excepts an hour long segment on espn and is givin all the profits from it to help children, he should really burn in hell right guys?

puma
7/8/2010 5:45:35 PM Report Abuse
@bigpimpin

I hate anyone who supports LeBitch.  You're an asshole and you're from DC, not cleveland.  You're a front runner and a total jerk.  I hope you, like LeBitch, die.

Reevaluate your life.

henry
7/8/2010 6:21:52 PM Report Abuse
@sterlingjaguars38

its just good buisness... lebron is going to make money doing this stupid show so why not do it

phantom
7/7/2010 5:31:21 PM Report Abuse
@CocaCola

No, I don't agree.

MikeSellers45
7/8/2010 10:33:17 AM Report Abuse
@pbuckley

David Stern, in two weeks your sport has lost any credibility it had.  Congrats.

Mamba
7/8/2010 10:39:12 AM Report Abuse
@MikeSellers45

If anyone thinks LBJ is a better fit for the Lakers than Kobe, all I can ask is what were you watching during the NBA playoffs. Kobe put an end to this type of nonsense.

sterlingjaguars38
7/8/2010 11:12:52 AM Report Abuse
@Mamba

if any of you decided to do your research you would have noticed that lebron told everyone the announcement will be made in the first ten minutes. the other part with be used to promote the charities and organizations lebron is donating his time for. Lebron is one of the most humble athletes in the world when you hear him speak in interviews, but you all assume that if he has a special about him (which was probably decided by the media not lebron himself) that he is cocky

This is what we need in professional sports not another rapist like kobe

Willcb923
7/8/2010 11:13:02 AM Report Abuse
@Mamba

cadet you seem to have alot of hate towards lebron james and say other people like that lie him should die, why is lebron james your picture?

dcsportfan10
7/8/2010 12:47:30 PM Report Abuse
@Willcb923

Yea those 15 boards definitely overshadows the 6-24 shooting night, which is definitely Michael Jordan like...And how can you compare careers when Kobe has almost played twice as many season then Lebron. If James ends up on the heat with Bosh and Wade, he will get his rings in bunches and then the debate will be over about who is better.

The Cavs won 60 games the past two season because of Lebron. Look at what the franchise was when he arrived and look at it now. Lebron makes everybody better. Guys like Varajao, Boobie Gibson, Delonte West, and Big Z would not even be noticed if they played for another team. Cadet you are clearly a hater.

therealdeal
7/8/2010 1:00:42 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

I hate ESPN's hype machine.

Cadet04
7/8/2010 5:49:38 PM Report Abuse
@Willcb923

Willcb.... you're right I do have a lot of hate for LeBron.  So I can see where you would think it'd be weird that I have him as my picture.  Here's what that picture is though:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs340.ash1/29168_765656950380_20902381_42152820_938730_n.jpg

Anyone standing up and supporting LeBron James and his decision to turn this into a spectacle is a huge A-hole.  If he cared about winning, he wouldn't let this hype machine go for 2+ years.  He would have just said 2 years ago when the rumors started flying that he'll answer them on July 1, 2010.  But no, instead he fed the hype machine and it's turned into this.  He could just as easily just have announced it on Sportscenter like Wade and Bosh.  He's dragging this out and hand picking who will interview him with Jim Gray (who sounds like he is in LeBron's pocket from the way he sounded on the Mike Wise show today, could have been the most awkward radio i've ever heard), Wilbon and Barry.

dcsportfan10
7/8/2010 6:18:14 PM Report Abuse
@Cadet04

To the we are all witnesses photo, who is the real failure? Lebron or the Cleveland Cavaliers? Lebron had 2 mvps, a scoring title, and multiple fastest too records. Its Lebron on that poster, not the entire Cavaliers team. Lebron a failure? Hell No! The Cavs a failure, definite yes.

kidkrazy
7/8/2010 6:52:01 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

No one player is bigger than the team, If Cleveland Failed, Lebron failed...imjustsayin.

dcsportfan10
7/8/2010 7:10:18 PM Report Abuse
@kidkrazy

Okay so basically you are saying guys like Karl Malone, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, and Allen Iverson  or Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Antwan Jamison and Vince Carter were or have been complete failures??? PLEASE

MikeSellers45
7/8/2010 8:06:22 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

dcsportsfan10, hop off LeBron's tail.  PLEASE.  Biggest bandwagon I know.

dcsportfan10
7/8/2010 8:25:33 PM Report Abuse
@MikeSellers45

Well then im proud to be a bandwagon fan, thats my favorite athlete and i will support any team he plays for.

Cadet04
7/8/2010 9:41:37 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

YOU DONT KNOW HIM! HE HASNT PLAYED FOR A TEAM YOU SUPPORT!! YOU ARE THE WORST PERSON ON THIS EFFING SITE. 

You'll support him wherever he goes?  How?  By holding it for him while he pees on the city of Cleveland?  God dammit, I'm leaving this site.  Never again.  I can't stand moronic frontrunners like yourslef.  You are the worst type of sports fan.  You don't support your home town team.  You support your rival and your rivals players.  Move to Miami.  Don't you dare support the Redskins, Nats, Orioles, Caps or any other team in this area.  Go to the U for college, and support the Dolphins, Marlins and Panthers as well.

Or better yet... support the Heat, Yankees, and Cowboys.  Either way. 

puma
7/8/2010 9:46:11 PM Report Abuse
@Cadet04

God dammit, I'm leaving this site. 

Thank God. 

Cadet04
7/8/2010 9:53:29 PM Report Abuse
@puma

You're the biggest douche here.  You come on here and try to be witty with everything, yet never really contribute anything sports related, or otherwise.  You're the Stephen A. Smith of this website.  Just waiting for you to follow this up with a "awwwwwww no, you da Slava MED-VUH-DAAAAAAAAANKO of this site".

Willcb923
7/9/2010 12:07:17 AM Report Abuse
@Cadet04

lebron is a good player no doubt anyone who thinks oterwise is crazy, just has a bit to much hubris and unmaturity. final answer that one can not argue.

KingFelix34
7/9/2010 12:10:19 AM Report Abuse
@Cadet04

Okay so LeBron makes his teammates better, huh? I'll buy that.  One problem:  all I hear is about how the supporting cast disappears in the playoffs.  Did LeBron stop making them better?  If that's the case, LeBron stopped making his teammates better.  I know we love to worship the big highlights and the tremendous stats, and that's great.  But let's face it.  The Eastern Conference is pathetic, especially in the central.  Pistons suck, Bucks suck, Pacers suck, Bulls are mediocre.  It's easy pickings for superstars when you're playing garbage teams like that.  But when you start playing a Celtics team that's built on tough, physical defense, King Nothing disappears and fails to take an active role in making his teammates better and stops trying to win.

puma
7/9/2010 12:24:47 AM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

You're the biggest douche here.  You come on here and try to be witty with everything, yet never really contribute anything sports related, or otherwise.  You're the Stephen A. Smith of this website.  Just waiting for you to follow this up with a "awwwwwww no, you da Slava MED-VUH-DAAAAAAAAANKO of this site".

So, you're not leaving the site?

dcsportfan10
7/9/2010 12:18:28 PM Report Abuse
@puma

Hey Cadet i just wanted to point out that i said i would support ANY TEAM he plays for, not Lebron himself. As in i would root for the team to win.  Huge Difference. What is wrong with you man.

dcsportfan10
7/9/2010 12:23:30 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

Oh and btw, i dont support any of those teams as if i were a huge fan(home town teams). Im a fan of the game (sports in general), which is why i go to their games. When the Cardinals are in town, im there. When the Yankees are in town, im there. When the cavaliers were in town, i was there. When the giants are in town, im never there cause it be too damn cold, but best believe i watched every minute of the game on sundays. And i go to caps games because they are the most exciting to be at in person(i cant watch it on tv though). I want to see the best, i am a fan of the game. The only team that will get my full support no matter what are the yankees, mets, buffalo bills, and the new york giants. My mom was born in queens, dad born in brooklyn. Its a family thing.

MIlitaryRD
7/9/2010 12:28:12 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

Lebron Pissed all over DC. Talked trash about the city i was born in. He is scum. He's the Bastard Child of a mother who is currently involved with a Team-mate of his. He has a Child out of wedlock. He has a circus follwoing him wherever he goes becasue he allows it. He took his hometown and said Im leaving.

He hasn't won anything in basketball. Period. A high school championship and the number one pick in the draft. He's been in the league Seven years. He hasn't helped Cleveland get better, He sat back and got everything he wanted, Then turned his back on his home state.

He had the audacity to put on a show for an hour to say what everyone already knew at the beginning of the day. just to get paid. So much for the "rest of the hour going to chartity" it was a glorified Ass-kissing courtesy of ESPN.

Lebron James is everything that is Wrong with Sports. He teaches kids to cry, To whine, To abandon, to complain, to be the best you can be then when you don't get your way give up. He teaches them to go where the winning is, not create it yourself. That is the easy way out. He will never be as Good as Kobe, As Jordan, etc. He is a disgrace to the NBA and a disgrace to his own Brand. I sincerely hope he breaks his leg the first game of the season and can never play basketball again. He is a Jackass.

dcsportfan10
7/9/2010 12:33:43 PM Report Abuse
@MIlitaryRD

"He hasn't helped Cleveland get better"

Are you serious??? I know winning a title is everything, and they did not do that,  but they went from a what 25 win team to a 66 win team in lebron's 7 years.

MIlitaryRD
7/9/2010 12:46:53 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

And then, He abandoned themk, had their coach fired, their GM gone, and they'll be back to a 25 win team this year. making a FRANCHISE better does not mean win for 7 years, dont win a title then leave. Cleveland had a chance to remain a viable market. They are now back to the Mistake by the Lake.

He did more harm to Cleveland than help it.

dcsportfan10
7/9/2010 5:19:29 PM Report Abuse
@MIlitaryRD

Ehhh, i see where your coming from. Plus the cleveland area is going to go in withdrawal with the depature of Lebron and nothing to cheer about. But Lebron did bring the most important thing(tosome) to Cleveland,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

yaoloving
9/25/2010 5:14:17 AM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

Even though he couldn’t be with the team, Hill went to Qwest Field to watch the opener.

“I had a long offseason. To get from where I was at the beginning of the offseason to were I am now it’s just a smile on my face,” Hill said. “I don’t know my role this week yet, but at the same time whatever they need me to do I’ll do it.”

How much he plays against the Broncos is yet to be determined, although coach Pete Carroll said it’s likely Hill will be asked to contribute[url=http:// www.nfljerseychina.com]nfl jerseys china[/url]

on special teams. Hill laughed, saying he’s played five games in his career on special teams.

“We’re bringing him back to play. We’re not bringing him back to sit. We’re bringing him back to play and get involved,” Carroll said. “So we’ll see [url=http:// www.nfljerseychina.com]nfl jerseys china[/url]

what that information tells us. But I’m hoping he’s going to be in there playing and he’ll get in the rotations.”

New Comment

You must login to report abuse. Close